Emma cooks up a winning competition recipe
by Brighton Council
YOU don’t need years of experience in the kitchen to be a prize-winning cook!
“I really like cooking for the family,” she said. “I enjoy reading what Uncle Chris has to say and some of his recipes have become family favourites.”
Emma’s winning recipe is for a pork and mango stir fry. Emma and the two other winners of the stir-fry competition will each receive a wok with stir-fry utensils.
The two other winners are: Alicia Young of Gagebrook for her chicken and cashew stir-fry and Joselle Griffin of Bridgewater for her simple beef stir-fry. Each recipe below is for four people.
Emma’s pork and mango stir-fry
- 2/3 cup mango chutney
- sugar to taste
- ¼ cup of sweet soy sauce
- Bring ingredients gently to the boil, then thicken with cornflour mixed with ½ cup of water.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 450g lean cubed pork
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large red or green capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 1 fresh mango, sliced into strips
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
Fry pork in oil, then add onion and capsicum and fry until soft. Then stir in the mango, ginger and the sauce. Serve on a bed of rice.