Bridgewater Community House reno update
by Brighton Council
Work is ongoing at the Bridgewater Community House, which is on track to be finished by the middle of 2023. Renovations on the house started in February and involve extensions to the kitchen and dining room, with a movable wall, and a reconfiguration of the front room.
The house is a project run by the Jordan River Service to provide a safe place for people within our community to grow and share their skills and knowledge. Due to the works, changes have been made to the services and programs:
- Community Lunch has moved to the Gagebrook Community House.
- NILS appointments has moved to Gagebrook Community House.
- Games Group has moved to Gagebrook Community House.
- Arts & Crafts Group has moved to the Jordan River Community Workshed.
- ‘A Few Good Men’ has moved to the Jordan River Community Workshed
- The Needle and Syringe Program (NSP) is operating as normal, but only via the car park entrance. The front entrance will not be accessible.
- The Top Gear program is operating as normal, but by appointment only. Please contact the Top Gear Coordinator, Darlene Carver, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Integrated Family Support Service (IFSS) are now in-office visits by prior arrangement with your IFSS worker at Gagebrook Community House only. Outreach is operating as normal.
- The Community Garden will operate in a limited capacity at this stage.
- Food Assistance continues to operate, however this will be bread and veggies outside on a table. If you need pantry items, ring the doorbell and staff will assist with what you need.
Please note that these service arrangements are subject to change depending on health and safety advice from the builders, and that there will be no public entry to the house itself during the building works.
Bridgewater Community House wishes to thank everyone in our community for their ongoing patience and support, and are looking forward to sharing the new and improved community house with you once renovations are finished. Bridgewater Community House is at 6 Bowden Drive, Bridgewater.